Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I Am Thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the Right Hand of My Righteousness.
Romans 8:24 – For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
WISHES AND HOPES DEFINEDWISH
A feeling that one would like to have or do something or to see something happen; a desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.
- An expression of a desire, longing, or strong inclination.
HOPE The feeling that what is
- w To feel that something desired may happen
- Archaic. To place trust; rely
Throughout our lives, we have found ourselves wanting. As children, perhaps we desired a pet or a particular toy. As we age, the things we seek differ/ Although our minds are more mature and should carry some sense reality, there are times we take leave of our senses, finding ourselves daydreaming or fantasizing about things completely unreasonable or unlikely, disappointed when we are snapped right back to our actual existence.
Jonathan has worked with me for YEARS, attempting to show me that there is a difference between “want” and “need”. Regardless of how much we’ve convinced ourselves that we
- need something, either tangible, attention, a promotion or a situation to work out a certain way, there is nothing certain outside of the Lord. Whatever He determines to give or remove from our lives is absolutely what will bring Him glory and is best for us.
- Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
- John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do it.
Taken out of contexts, the Bible can be manipulated to say what It NEVER intended. Terrible but true, G od’s Word has been twisted and manipulated to justify behavior. The Almighty God is not a genie, available simply to grant our every whim. Yes, we are encouraged to go to our Father, yes. He tells us in The Word that He knows best how to give gifts, not meaning that we are entitled, overly-indulged, spoiled brats of the King.
- Consider, when asking the Lord for anything, praying His Will for whatever it is. If He allows it, acknowledge and appreciate His generosity. Sometimes (depending on the motivation of the heart), the answers seem to be a continuing “no”. Don’t be discouraged, know that our Loving God, Father, Savior, is working out something far better.
Consider your hopes. Are they in the Lord? Maybe they’re in our belongings or other people .Do we have hope in our own strengths and abilities? Is it found in finances or friends? As Children of the Most High, we know that our Father is the Only One worthy of our hope, all of it.
- Thank You for this day
- Please forgive our sins against You, others and ourselves
- Lord, You are our Hope and our Salvation
- Praise You, Father, that we can trust in You
- You know what we want and what we need
- You know when, how and what is best for each child
- Please give us peace and acceptance and appreciation for what You allow into our lives
- We thank, You above all, for the hope we have in eternal life In Paradise
- Because we trust in Jesus for our salvation
- .In the Name of Jesus
- credits: God the Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Scripture
- google, blueletterbible, kjvonline